My response to the public consultation on the Dart + North project focusses on
- the fact that the analysis doesn’t demonstrate how the proposal for a shuttle service between Howth and Howth Junction might be justified;
- the fact that an increase in frequency to Howth would not compensate for longer and more inconvenient journeys especially for those with mobility challenges;
- the design disaster of the illegally constructed Howth Junction station;
- the need to redevelop Howth Junction as part of a densification of the adjoining employment areas so well served by public transport; and
- the need to ensure coherence between the level crossing plan in this project and that in the Sutton to Malahide Cycle Route.